Thursday, August 23, 2012

Quinoa Blueberry Breakfast (Gluten and dairy free)


Today I share with you one of the things I eat daily and it has certainly become one of my favourite meals.  My nutritionist Jessica Cox actually gave me the idea so all credit goes to her.  I love the combination of grated apple, plump blueberries, creamy yoghurt and crunchy seeds.  It's filling, healthy and perfectly balanced. 
Today I'm also introducing you to my new camera! I bought a Olympus OMD to enhance my Euro trip as well as a contribution to my cooking hobby.  Can you tell the difference?

Ingredients
1/4 cup raw quinoa
just under 1 cup of water
handful of blueberries
1 apple, grated
3-4 tbsp sheeps yoghurt
1-2 tbsp sunflower seeds or chia seeds
sprinkle of cinnamon

Method
Boil the cup of water on a saucepan and add quinoa; place lid over saucepan.  Reduce heat; should take 15 minutes for the quinoa to simmer away. You know it's finished once the liquid has been absorbed.  Pour quinoa into bowl and mix in yoghurt, seeds, cinnamon and apple. Top with blueberries.  Enjoy!



8 comments:

  1. This looks like a perfect breakfast to me... I do the same alomost every morning with oats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a tasty way to enjoy quinoa! Congrats on the new camera too, I can see a fancy fuzzy background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'adore ça Brittany! Je prends ça en note tout de suite! L'idée est géniale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never had quinoa but i know that they are a very healthy grain. wow, so nice getting a new camera, i see a very good clarity in the photos shown above.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quinoa for breakfast sounds interesting. Bet you and your camera are looking forward to your trip :-) Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. look amazing and Im sure is delicious I love quinoa too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, this weekend is nice in favor of me, as this point
    in time i am reading this fantastic informative piece of writing
    here at my residence.

    My blog - bmr calculator for women

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article gives clear idea designed for the new people of blogging, that actually how to do blogging and site-building.


    my homepage international executive recruitment

    ReplyDelete

More recipes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...