Friday, November 2, 2012

Food at Harrods


There is one place that during my stay in London that I found to be a hub of outstanding food. I had been there twice before and only admired the food; but trying the sweet and savouries throughout the extensive Harrods Food Halls was one of the culinary highlights of my 2 month trip!
This photo review sums up my favourites from Harrods that I would highly recommend!



Lola cupcakes at Harrods - make your way to the sweet section where cupcakes and pastries are on display.  Compared to the actual Harrods cakes and cupcakes, the Lola brand cupcakes were incredible. These moist cupcakes were topped with real buttercream and featured interesting flavours like salted popcorn or strawberry and rose custard, as well as the classics such as chocolate, banana, carrot, red velvet and oreo. (2GBP for mini or 3.95GBP for regular)

 Megatruffles at Harrods (Sundae flavour) - even though I had been to Brugge (known for its chocolate) this truffle was one of my favourites! This is "sundae" flavoured; meaning it tastes like a icecream sundae. You must try despite the price! (3-4GBP per truffle)

 Megatruffle at Harrods (Coconut flavour) - if you are going to venture to the chocolate bar and find these mega truffles (which I recommend doing of course), then please, please try the coconut flavour as pictured here. Incredible!


 Asian goodies at Harrods - Amongst the asian delicacies at Harrods, there were my favourite glass noodles with ginger, mushrooms and other veggie goodies. The bonus is these are gluten free and vegetarian! We found this great picnic food as we bought 100g and took it to nearby Hyde Park for a picnic (one tube stop away!)



 "Melt" chocolate bar in the Chocolate section at Harrods - it's true, the chocolates at Harrods are diverse and dazzling; but Melt (a brand of chocolate) was our most favourite. The Harrods branded chocolates are also good, but for someone reason the products at Melt got us drooling each time.  I would recommend the chocolate caramels that strangely taste like a crispy chocolate brownie with fleur du sel, I would equally recommend the Chocolate Mud Pie which is infact a brownie, and also the Wild Pure Dark which are little squares of pure dark chocolate..


 Harrods Rainbow cake - a beautifully presented sponge cake that promises to be light and not too sweet. The slight let down was the icing because I expected buttercream but it was in fact a sort of sweet whipped cream.  Nevertheless, this cake is a fun to eat, its a generous slice and quite moreish (3.95GBP per slice)



Harrods branded chocolates at Harrods - you must try whatever little chocolates in the chocolate bar tempt you; trust me, none will disappoint.  This chocolate pictured here deserves a particularly special mention...it's called crunchy peanut butter chocolate. It will be worth the hunt down! It is in the same chocolate cabinet (to the left of the coffee section) that houses Egyptian Cleopatra looking chocolates and various seashells. Drool.


Prestat chocolate in Harrods - these Prestat chocolates taste as good as they look. I love their beautiful packaging and golden filigree name.  Their favourite chocolate of mine were the champagne truffles!

14 comments:

  1. That is not fair, I was just off to bed now I am so hungry......... Have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about pastry (and noodle) nirvana! I think I gained at least 5 delicious pounds just from looking at the photos. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. omy Brittanny all these look fantastic and tempting Im hungry now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Harrods Food Court - you will see sights in there that you will never see anywhere else. Sadly I have never been flush enough to purchase anything for fear of having to donate a kidney also. Those truffles look and sound amazing and the Melt Bar has also piqued my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harrods Food Hall really is a sight to behold! The array of food is amazing and I can never resist the cakes and sweet goodies. I love your review of some of the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Harrods food hall! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are enjoying the sweets to the fullest! Wish I was there to savour each one! Great photos, Brittany! and I am thinking of the Champagne Truffles! Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm surprised that the rainbow cake isn't more perfect--the cake layers are uneven and browned and there's very little frosting between some of those layers. what a shame.
    the truffles, on the other hand, look glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm amazed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's equally educative and engaging, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is something not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy I found this in my search for something concerning this.

    work from home

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I am going to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast coming yet again to read more news.


    Feel free to visit my weblog; Green coffee reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures and commentary. Thanks for sharing. I am taking note of this especially since I plan to go to London soon. Best regards!

    ReplyDelete

More recipes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...